Sick silkie

Fifithechick

Chirping
Aug 26, 2019
Berane-Montenegro
Hi guys, this is my first post here,I'm from Europe, more accurately from Montenegro ( worst country in the world ), btw I'm BIG chicken lover and I have 40+ domestic chickens, 1 pair of silkies and few other species, which I don't know name for😂

So, my female silkie is sick, she is kinda sleepy and she don't eat well, there is no any kinda bugs on her skin, or in feathers. Vets here can't help me, because they are very bad at helping sick animals, they just know how to help sick cows, dogs and maybe cats, they would lought at me if I ask for help for sick chicken, also, i can't buy some good medicine here, because, like I said, this is the worst country in the world. I don't know which desease she have.

It would be so nice if you guys could tell me can I use any vitamins or something else which is for people, and suggest me some medicine, I will ask workers in agropharmacy do they have that medical suplements, but I think they won't have any, maybe just for pests, but she don't have mites or any other pests on her skin.

How old is your silkie? Is she having diarrhea, or having any other signs of coccidiosis or parasites? Coccidiosis symptoms can include standing hunched or puffed up, not eating, being sleepy and weak, and diarrhea. Coccidiosis is caused by an intestinal parasite, and is treated with amprollium (coxoid, amprol, Corid,) toltrazuril, or sulfa antibiotics put into the water for a number of days. Pictures of her and her poop can be helpful.

She is about 11 months old.

I will try to capture her poop today, but that won't be easy, because she is outside in big backyard.

Is there any common cold like in people, I don't think she have diarrhea. Like I said, I can't find any animal medical suplements here, it would be nice if you could find out which medical suplements are available in Europe, so i will be maybe able to find them here.

Hi guys, this is my first post here,I'm from Europe, more accurately from Montenegro ( worst country in the world ), btw I'm BIG chicken lover and I have 40+ domestic chickens, 1 pair of silkies and few other species, which I don't know name for😂

So, my female silkie is sick, she is kinda sleepy and she don't eat well, there is no any kinda bugs on her skin, or in feathers. Vets here can't help me, because they are very bad at helping sick animals, they just know how to help sick cows, dogs and maybe cats, they would lought at me if I ask for help for sick chicken, also, i can't buy some good medicine here, because, like I said, this is the worst country in the world. I don't know which desease she have.

It would be so nice if you guys could tell me can I use any vitamins or something else which is for people, and suggest me some medicine, I will ask workers in agropharmacy do they have that medical suplements, but I think they won't have any, maybe just for pests, but she don't have mites or any other pests on her skin.
sorry about that, but your best bet will be having them checked by a veterinarian. not too late to do so.

They aren't very good vets if all they can treat is cows, dog and cats! Is there any other vets further away that might be able to help you? They are your best bet because they are usually the only ones with the capability of getting the medication you need. Best wishes and I hope your silkie gets better soon! :fl :hugs

They aren't very good vets if all they can treat is cows, dog and cats! Is there any other vets further away that might be able to help you? They are your best bet because they are usually the only ones with the capability of getting the medication you need. Best wishes and I hope your silkie gets better soon! :fl :hugs
There is no vets in my country that can help me with my silkie. But all in all, thank you guys, I can buy medicine just by myself if there is any medicine available in these agropharmacies, so suggest me some when I send you pictures of poop, if you will know what i should give her.

There is no vets in my country that can help me with my silkie. But all in all, thank you guys, I can buy medicine just by myself if there is any medicine available in these agropharmacies, so suggest me some when I send you pictures of poop, if you will know what i should give her.
Okay will do, could you send me a picture of the actual bird too. The way she holds herself could be a good indication!

Back
Top Bottom