Sick turkey

Cassie336

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2018
Hi I'm a first time turkey owner. A man asked me to take a turkey that's sick home with me today. The turkey can't stand the man thoat that the turkey possibly had a broken leg I told him is take it home and try my best to fix it. When I got the turkey home and was inspecting his leg the knee joint pops as you move it and it is double the size of his other leg and the skin under the fathers on his knee is green I went ahead and splinted the leg and gave him some vitamins and minerals. He also has only used the bathroom once sins I got him home and it was a bright green. What do y'all think could be wrong with him and do you think it's treatable?

Can you please post a picture of the poop? For me, I think it might be NCD but I don't know about turkeys and plus it doesn't seem sluggish from what you are saying. Use some strong material that will prevent the knee from moving. Set the knee the right way and also give it some catnip as it is a sedative. Good luck!

Can you please post a picture of the poop? For me, I think it might be NCD but I don't know about turkeys and plus it doesn't seem sluggish from what you are saying. Use some strong material that will prevent the knee from moving. Set the knee the right way and also give it some catnip as it is a sedative. Good luck!
Catnip as sedative?

Back
Top Bottom