Sick weak chicken. Doesn't eat

Millyi

Hatching
Apr 3, 2024
I have this 2 years 8 month old chicken. A month ago I noticed she didn't eat chicken crumble feed,so I showed her cracked corn or wet chicken food,like a week and a half I went out of the country for a vacation for 18 days. The day I came back it was at night I checked on my chickens and they all had their crop full of food even the currently sick chicken.The next day she only ate a little bit ,and did the same for 3 days I noticed that she stayed in her roosting bar laying down or in the floor laying down most of the time.I decided to bring her inside she didn't eat crumble feed, pellets or cracked corn. I showed her some of her fave snacks but she only took a few bites and didn't want them.She turned worse till the point she ate nothing at all and was weak, she could barely stand up so she lays down.I have to force feed her and when I put her in the grass she walks a little bit slow.
Her crop today didn't empty.I also noticed that when I came back her comb was smaller. Could anyone please help me.

Attachments

• 20240403_141803.jpg
    20240403_141803.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 17
Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry no one replied to your thread, I'm just now seeing it.

How is your hen doing?

Does she lay eggs?

It sounds like she's not feeling very well for a while and has gone further down hill.

Is there any lesions or canker inside her beak?

I'd begin to address the crop symptoms according to the article below. She may have more going on like a reproductive problem such a cancer, EYP, etc. but take it all one step at time.

Work on hydration, then offer wet feed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Hello, she hadn't layed since August I think there was nothing on her mouth. Wednesday in the afternoon she could no longer stand up and just layed down so I put her in my bed and just went sideways and closed her eyes, later that day she passed away. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom