Sick?

lilohi

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
I have a newly hatched chick (12 hours) that was fine a while ago but start spasming. It was also flipped onto its back and couldnt get up by itself. It also seems unable to lift its head. Some of egg still stuck to butt. I also gave it some water if that matters?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 4
It also has quite a bit of the egg stuck to its vent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 3
Or its belly button since its lower down. It also clicks its beak together alot and when it spasms, it shakes its whole body and wings

I have a newly hatched chick (12 hours) that was fine a while ago but start spasming. It was also flipped onto its back and couldnt get up by itself. It also seems unable to lift its head. Some of egg still stuck to butt. I also gave it some water if that matters?
Or its belly button since its lower down. It also clicks its beak together alot and when it spasms, it shakes its whole body and wings
Is it the navel or the vent that has the egg stuck to it? Is the navel closed?

I would make sure she's warm - do you have her in the brooder or still in the incubator?
You can give her 1-3 drops of Poultry Nutri-Drench twice a day, this may help.
Hopefully she will perk up. Sometimes a chick that is flipping over and unable to lift it's head may be failure to thrive.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom