Ivyotis

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 31, 2018
Hello!
My 1 year old chicken acting strange.
Found her Friday afternoon dropped tail, drooped wings
Quickly started treating her.
Nutra drench, treats to entice, apple cider vinegar, herbs checked her over found no bugs
She has not laid an egg so started treating for egg bound, warm baths every few hours with lubing vent
Now is Sunday
Wings and tail back to normal posture
Eating and drinking
Not seeing her poop as much as I’d like but she is pooping

But still goes off and stares into the corner for a while
Sometimes letting out a strange little sound
Any suggestions ? What am I missing ?
Her normal self is loud and high energy
It is hot here not sure if that had something to do with it? Everyone else fine

What do you mean by a “strange little sound?” Can you post some pics of her and your set up and, if possible, a video of her making the noise? Where do you live and what’s the weather been like? Has she started laying yet?

What do you mean by a “strange little sound?” Can you post some pics of her and your set up and, if possible, a video of her making the noise? Where do you live and what’s the weather been like? Has she started laying yet?
She’s older than a year I believe
We are in CT
It’s been a heat wave
But not as bad as we had July
Yes she lays but not for a few days
The noise is like when they get startled
She is pumping her vent so that’s why I thought maybe egg bound but she is eating and drinking pretty good again

She’s older than a year I believe
We are in CT
It’s been a heat wave
But not as bad as we had July
Yes she lays but not for a few days
The noise is like when they get startled
She is pumping her vent so that’s why I thought maybe egg bound but she is eating and drinking pretty good again
Trying to figure out how to post a video
I do have one

This is how she stands
Just staring for a long while

Attachments

• 2F4688B8-200E-4ED3-9E0B-55C370330B30.jpeg
    2F4688B8-200E-4ED3-9E0B-55C370330B30.jpeg
    817.2 KB · Views: 2
Hmmmm, her tail is up and she’s on her feet - that’s good. Is she molting at all? I hope it’s just the heat. Maybe try offering the girls some of their chicken chow mixed with tap water. When it’s really hot, my girls don’t like to eat as much. They think the wet chow is a terrific idea and act like it’s the finest treat… I generally don’t bother, but you can mix in a few mealworms. When it’s above ninety, I freeze the wet chow in a silicone cake mold and let them pick at the frozen chunk in the shade. Was she acting like this in the mornings too, or just the afternoon?

If you can, put a shallow tub, pan, or pool in the run. Depending on how adventurous your girls are, you can fill with water or ice water. Throw a tiny bit of scratch in there to encourage them to get their feet wet and cool off.

Do you keep a water-filled bucket or tub in case anyone gets overheated?

Hmmmm, her tail is up and she’s on her feet - that’s good. Is she molting at all? I hope it’s just the heat. Maybe try offering the girls some of their chicken chow mixed with tap water. When it’s really hot, my girls don’t like to eat as much. They think the wet chow is a terrific idea and act like it’s the finest treat… I generally don’t bother, but you can mix in a few mealworms. When it’s above ninety, I freeze the wet chow in a silicone cake mold and let them pick at the frozen chunk in the shade. Was she acting like this in the mornings too, or just the afternoon?

If you can, put a shallow tub, pan, or pool in the run. Depending on how adventurous your girls are, you can fill with water or ice water. Throw a tiny bit of scratch in there to encourage them to get their feet wet and cool off.

Do you keep a water-filled bucket or tub in case anyone gets overheated?
No but that’s a very good idea!!
mom goi g to put one in there now.
She’s improving but still off
Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something
Could it be the beginning stages of molt? My buff Brahma just did a half molt

No but that’s a very good idea!!
mom goi g to put one in there now.
She’s improving but still off
Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something
Could it be the beginning stages of molt? My buff Brahma just did a half molt
I’m going *

Back