Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smokeykk, Nov 23, 2011.
Don't know if ya'll have seen this...
Link removed by Staff
All I am gonna say is McDonalds did not do that to the chickens. The workers of the farm did.
another topic on this discussion: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=599348
Quote:I know i was thinking exactly that. Mcdonalds could have had no idea this was going on. People always turn something into something its not. (although McDonalds is really bad for you anyway)
I don't know if it's my place to point this out, but animal rights threads and such are prohibited:
The BackYardChickens Forum is a place for members to ask questions, share their experiences, and help each other learn while making new friends.
We've got a huge community, so in order to manage such a large group of diverse people we must enforce certain standards and rules. Underlying these rules is the fact that BackYardChickens is a family-oriented board where people of different backgrounds and ideas can all feel comfortable.
* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
* Respect the BackYardChickens Staff. They dedicate LOTS of volunteer time keeping the forum running smoothly.
* Be nice to newcomers and help them feel welcome.
* Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you.
* Be very descriptive in the subjects of your new topics and try to stay on topic as you post. Example: do not say "HELP ME!", but instead say "I'm having a problem with xxx yyy and could use some help"
* Link back to BackYardChickens from your site and/or blog, especially if you put a link to another site in your forum signature (see rules on poultry sites below)
* Have fun and learn!
This is a list of things you should not do on our board. BackYardChickens Staff will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. The BackYardChickens staff have many years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience. The staff love the community, but if a member continues to disregard our guidelines they will be banned from accessing the BackYardChickens forum.
1. Remember this is a family friendly community, so no swearing, foul language, or profanity.
2. Definitely no inappropriate "Adult" topics or innuendo.
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
6. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.
7. Do not advertise your products or services outside of the appropriate areas of the forum or too frequently.
8. No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.
9. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.
10. Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to BackYardChickens, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
11. Luring members to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community.
12. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
13. We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. These topics of religion and politics should be confined to the Random Ramblings section of the forum.
14. No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting
another BYCer also brought this up, but it is a bit unfair of this website to say that it is all the fault of McDonalds, and hardly mention the SUPPLIER of the eggs, whom McDonalds QUICKLY booted from their supplier list after they discovered what was going on.
Yes, I agree. But Chickengal505, This isn't cockfighting, and We are not discussing animal rights groups, I simply shared a video of animal abuse, I am in no way dicussing this particular animal rights group, I am just discussing the awfulness of the situation. I may be discussing animal rights, but not an organization.
Quote:Trust me I know, It's just I've had threads about the same things, egg production, meat production ect. closed because it's such a touchy topic. It normaly leads to fights and hurt feelings. I just wanted to give you the heads up.
McDonalds buys eggs. They do not own, manage, or run egg farms. KFC buys chicken. They do not breed, raise, or process them. What goes on in the farms is not under their control except to quit buying from the offenders once they learn of the problem. BTW, what you see on the internet about abuses may or may not be accurate. There is an egg farm near where I used to live that is in the process of suing an animal rights group for defamation. The animal rights group released some lurid film footage of alleged abuses that supposedly occurred at the farm and supposedly were filmed by an employee acting undercover. Turns out the sensational film footage was staged and the egg farm could prove it.
Yes but the sad thing is, this egg farm hasn't said this was staged. The chicks with their beaks being burned off were obviously alive, and the egg farm fired the individuals that were seen in the video.
Already have a thread on this same subject. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=599348