Sickly Hen! Please Help ASAP!

CluckWheekBark

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2017
I have a mixed breed hen,a Golden Comet x Neighbors White rooster (probably a White Leghorn?) and she is very sickly. I went to give the flock some veg, and she didn't come out to range, so I went and checked the coop to find her sitting on the roost with her wings sort of fluffed out ( not like coccidiosis though). I checked her vent, and there seemed to be a sack of some sorts just kind of sitting on the edge of her vent.I took her away from the flock and set her down so I could post on here, and she immediately laid an egg. I laughed, thinking she was just too lazy to be bothered and just stayed on the roost. So I went inside, told my family and came back outside to check on her. Checked her vent one last time, and the sack was still there. I had noticed earlier that she was draining of something out of her vent but didn't think anything of it. I'll post some pictures of her vent and the liquid , but please be warned that it is graphic.

I have a mixed breed hen,a Golden Comet x Neighbors White rooster (probably a White Leghorn?) and she is very sickly. I went to give the flock some veg, and she didn't come out to range, so I went and checked the coop to find her sitting on the roost with her wings sort of fluffed out ( not like coccidiosis though). I checked her vent, and there seemed to be a sack of some sorts just kind of sitting on the edge of her vent.I took her away from the flock and set her down so I could post on here, and she immediately laid an egg. I laughed, thinking she was just too lazy to be bothered and just stayed on the roost. So I went inside, told my family and came back outside to check on her. Checked her vent one last time, and the sack was still there. I had noticed earlier that she was draining of something out of her vent but didn't think anything of it. I'll post some pictures of her vent and the liquid , but please be warned that it is graphic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom