Siding material, ventilation, and other coop questions.

If you run a string through a hole into the coop--fasten the end to something, so it can't get pulled out again :)
Yep! I'm thinking a small hole with a string tied to a stick to make sure it won't get pulled through. We can add this to the list of things to do to the coop this weekend. I may even add poop boards-I can show my parents the literal line of poop under the roost and no poop anywhere else, and explain how this would make shavings last much longer and be easier to clean.

Those latches are made to have a string, but strings break....
..... use a wire, like speaker wire something strong but flexible.
I, and others, have had bad luck with these types of latches,
so I refuse to use or recommend them.

Those latches are made to have a string, but strings break....
..... use a wire, like speaker wire something strong but flexible.
I, and others, have had bad luck with these types of latches,
so I refuse to use or recommend them.
Having a string definitely makes sense. Going back to my earlier point of REALLY not needing to ask to fix something that would seem fine to most. As much as I hate to do it, I think that until a problem arises, we're using those. WE are using a different kind on the run, though.

My daughter did her program at a community college. The basic drafting program, Architectural Technology, is a 2-year degree but they'd streamlined the three related degrees, which is highly desired by employers, so that the full program can be done in only 1-2 extra years.

It's actually a field with a lot of work-from-home and independent contractor potential.
Would she like to help me design my "Coop-A-Cabana"? :D
10x16 shed split into halves. One half chicken coop and one half garden shed/storage.
I'm having a heck of a time bringing my vision into a drawing/plans as I cannot draw to save my life lol.

Having a string definitely makes sense. Going back to my earlier point of REALLY not needing to ask to fix something that would seem fine to most. As much as I hate to do it, I think that until a problem arises, we're using those. WE are using a different kind on the run, though.
Understand.
I just looked at my latch like that(it's on a gate the can be reached form either side),
the caribineer can be put into the latch to keep it from latching when you are inside.

Understand.
I just looked at my latch like that(it's on a gate the can be reached form either side),
the caribineer can be put into the latch to keep it from latching when you are inside.
We''ve figured out how to keep it from being opened with a carabiner, but it makes sense that it could go both ways.

asddfhjgkla'jf I'm so proud of my girls! With little to no training, they figured out that the new coop is where they sleep (not the old one across the yard) that they lay in the nest boxes (I put fake eggs to help them out a bit) and that they roost! I had to pick them up and put them on the roosts last night, and tonight they're all roosting!

Back
Top Bottom