*sigh* Diversity is the spice of life, but I'm not into Tabasco....

Y2K was a blast. i had a guy that ran the barber shop next to us that went nuts. fully believed there would be troops in the streets. his two daughters would not bring friends home because the house was stacked to the ceiling with MRE's, bagged flour and salt, you name it. he bought a surpluss generator, 500 gallons of fuel, three goats, chickens, duct tape and dust masks, tons of stuff. i explained to him he couldn't nuke a frozen meal in the micro without directions so what was he going to do with 200 lbs of flour ?
tongue.png

every day he's come in looking like death warmed over asking me what he should get so we finally gave up and played along. sold him everything i could think of. i didn't see him on the first because it was a holiday but the next day as we all waited for him to come in he shuffled up to the front counter like he had just lost a family member and in what is best described as a Rodney Dangerfield voice said
"ah jeeze,,,,, not even a glitch"..
lol.png
i still have two of his armegedon goats...

Just wanted to say...
hugs.gif
for Gretchen. She needs them more than me.
I know, his excuse for the blackberry thing was that it had held his alpacas. Umm, no it didn't, the alpacas spent more time here than there! Which is fine, they didn't bother anybody. But still.
Flopshot, at least he didn't have to buy food for awhile! lol

aw geez thanks.

It was much better when I lived here as a kid and those houses behind me didn't exist...instead it was a prairie. oooh the long forgotten prairie.

Quote:
Wish they were my neighbors, they'd have gasoline to share... when the inevitable collapse comes.
thumbsup.gif

Most places wouldn't let you put in a tank that big... you'd have to have a permit and jump through hoops to do it.

Back
Top Bottom