*SIGH* Got my rope tied in a knot and hanging on barely

HI Dear PampP.

There is law called the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act), and with such a medical condition (work liability) your DH should easily be able to be off work for the 10 weeks allowed by law. Sounds also to me like he is "Vagaling Down", what happens when the vagus nerve is compressed during coughing. The problem lies in finding out why this happens and what his heart is like. I wish you the best of luck and I have posted more than once this Holiday Season, Christmas is NOT about giving gifts and maybe as a whole, we should start realizing that. You make something homemade for your loved ones, even if it is simple as homemade hot chocolate in a plastic baggie, wrapped in a cute square of cloth tied with a ribbon, a recipe and LOVE. I have been unemployed for the first time in 20+ years for a whole year now and it has been rough. I feel your pain, I really do, the struggle is so hard. I wish you speedy results to the tests and hope your DH gets better soon. HenZ

Thanks ya'll.. I've read up on some of the info. He had a spell, lastnight and almost passed out but didn't, then this morning (which his nerves are shot also) he had another spell and threw also and then passed out. We went to the Dr today and got his papers. Most of this stuff was supposed to be covered under FMLA but on top of everything else a couple of the dr's appointments and sickness has been due something like bronchitis. They thought he had pneumonia at one time, and this is not covered under FMLA. When he was sent home wed he was dizzy and by wed night had come down with an aching feverish flu type stuff.. so by fri when he went they treated him for that also.. but the main reason he went was for the coughing, but the papers that were sent read like it was due to him being sick not the "heart" stuff. Mon was labeled as a follow up for fri.. We took all the papers this morning and got more papers for FMLA for his DR to feel out, but if she doesn't word it just right and its made out like alot of his problem is from being sick they wont cover it, it has to be something more serious than just cold/flu/bronchitis/ pneumonia type stuff.. so idk.. its still all up in the air. He goes tomorrow to get his 24 hr heart monitor, and is supposed to go back to work Thurs and then he's off Fri and MOnday for christmas. But we dont know weather or not they'll walk him out on Thurs..

"Once he talks to him he tells him that he dosen't see how the coughing and passing out has anything to do with the heart related stuff and that nothing besides DH's stress test was put down as medical leave. "

Most HR idiots are not qualified or licensed to make this kind of determination, and could put the HR idiot, and the company in great legal peril.

You may want to consult a lawyer to see if it's legal for them to fire him this way... and I'd push really hard to get points removed as he's obviously been out for the same reason.

Points system... whats that, supper nanny for adult employment? phah!
smack.gif

I really hope you have a better year, starting NOW!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
The HR is areal idiot and has no sympathy what so ever, I'm sure he'll have a bad year at some point and I hope it makes him realize. We were waiting to talk with him yesterday and was on the phone with someone else that must of been discussing points. Who ever it was must have something medical goin on and was telling him that some other med's he had taken, interacted with his normal meds.. He told him "well you knew what you were taking before you took the other meds" he's just a real BUTT!

I wish EVERYONE a better year to come. This has been a hard horrible tough too hard unfair miserable YEAR for so many. I send you wishes of better things, and prayers that if anything goes wrong its really a blessing in disguise. We're been through unemployment, over due bills, health issues and general "if it could go wrong, it went wrong" kind of things this year... and we wish this on no one!

So though I can not say "its going to get better" because those people REALLY upset me. Its one of those things you're supposed to say, but don't really believe to be true. I will say "I hope it gets better, and you come out a better person in the end from it so it wasn't a total waste of time!"

smile.png

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom