*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

My mom finaly decided to let me hatch chicks!
wee.gif

LOL I went out to my nest boxes this morning and three of my hens where piled on top of eachother in one nest box
lau.gif
they are so cute

Orps, I wish you the best of luck with your doe. It's funny, but when I show a new litter to people, they always remark on the fur that the doe pulls out and tucks them in with. I'm so glad I didn't have to pull my hair out to make a bed for my kids! Though come to think about it, they've often made me pull my hair out since then. . . .

Tani, I don't know if ducks get lonely, but I know they can get confused. I had a duckling that was raised with chicks; it turned out to be a drake. I named him Ferdinand, after the duck in Babe. Like his namesake, he "tried it with the hens; it didn't work." I had to lock him up with some ducks to straighten him out, but he did eventually figure out that he wasn't a chicken.
th.gif

Orps, I wish you the best of luck with your doe. It's funny, but when I show a new litter to people, they always remark on the fur that the doe pulls out and tucks them in with. I'm so glad I didn't have to pull my hair out to make a bed for my kids! Though come to think about it, they've often made me pull my hair out since then. . . .

Tani, I don't know if ducks get lonely, but I know they can get confused. I had a duckling that was raised with chicks; it turned out to be a drake. I named him Ferdinand, after the duck in Babe. Like his namesake, he "tried it with the hens; it didn't work." I had to lock him up with some ducks to straighten him out, but he did eventually figure out that he wasn't a chicken.
th.gif

lau.gif
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! Did he discoverer his GIFT yet?!?!?!?!
lau.gif

Last edited:
I named my rabbit hasenpfeffer.
droolin.gif
He was a really good rabbit.

Hi, two headed java twins.
frow.gif

Outcast, good news on the hatching chicks. Are your hens broody, or do they need a little broody chant?

I named my rabbit hasenpfeffer.
droolin.gif
He was a really good rabbit.

Hi, two headed java twins.
frow.gif

Outcast, good news on the hatching chicks. Are your hens broody, or do they need a little broody chant?
One of my hens is broody
big_smile.png
I have never done this before so I am a little bit nervous but I am hoping that I can get some of my BYC friends to help me out.

I'm getting rid of chickens to make room for more! And I'm also trying to get a call duck hen for my lonely drake. Can ducks get lonely? Not sure, but he's been kinda wimpy lately. Not biting as hard as he used to.
hmm.png
Anywhoo, enough with the babble, how is everybody?
Yes, ducks are VERY social birds. They hate living without other ducks, unless they think their humans, like mine does. :gig

Back
Top Bottom