*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TheOutcast

TheOutcast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    No LOL I don't. I guess I will just have to run the risk
  2. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Yup, that's Katie - we think she's an American Foxhound - one blue eye, one brown eye - people either think that she is crazed (my aunt is afraid of her, she says she's possessed...) or that she is really cool. Got her at the animal shelter - my mom swears she's part greyhound because she can run so fast... either way she is a lively addition to the family.
  3. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

I think I better just save lives by not incubating.... [​IMG] I've set so many eggs in and none hatched! I killed 8 baby chicks by not having enough humidity and by dropping the incubator. I killed four turkeys by candling and thinking they where infertile. I killed other chicks by leaving rotting eggs in the incubator because I was "hoping" they were fertile. Maybe I should save a life by not trying to raise one? [​IMG]
  4. Symphony

That's great! Our duck is a lively addition to the family! [​IMG]
  5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Symphony, I feel your pain. I was candling eggs one time, had just seen a few-days-along embryo bouncing around inside the egg, lively as can be, and I dropped the egg when I tried to put it back in the incubator! I was so mad at myself I wanted to scream!

But, ya win some, ya lose some. As sickening as the losses can be, they make the wins that much sweeter!

And I feel like I'm winning some just by this thread having gotten away from eating rabbits. I was beginning to get a little nervous, there![​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    What? Someone is eating rabbits - how can that be? [​IMG] Has anyone seen Orp's goat? [​IMG]
  7. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Sour stop that i feel real bad right now my head hurts and i am just not in a good mood
  8. Symphony

The worst thing is that my mother cracked the turkey eggs and came in yelling at me saying: "You killed 4 turkeys! How could you?! They we're still alive and you killed them." And I'm thinking, well, the yelling is very supportive in my first year of incubating, thank you, not.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  9. Symphony

Sour, joking should only go to a certain extant, and that is too far, Orp's is pretty sensitive right now and you joking about rabbits is not nice, it's very mean, no matter if it's a joke or not.
  10. erner

erner Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone... I am really tired. More so than I usually am at four in the afternoon. It was probably dealing with cookies, Crash and Eddie, and all my younger siblings wanting me to read them Peter and the Starcatchers...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by