*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

Seriously. I came across a picture of him as a mature animal unexpectedly one time, and my first reaction was, "that's a Quarter Horse."

Then I looked again, and I said, "no, that's Secretariat!"

He had a way of moving like no horse I've ever seen. There was an extra lift in his stride that made him unique; when I first saw this statue (it's outside Belmont Park racetrack, home of the last leg of the Triple Crown), I knew it was him, even without seeing the plaque:

Yeah, I've been fangirling over him for a long, long time.
roll.png

There's something amazing about the physique of an animal in top shape. The muscles of our younger lab look amazing when she returns from the 10 minute runs she does every morning when I take the dogs out. She's pretty buff...

There is something very pleasing about the look of an animal in good condition, and just watching it move. BB2K has been working with our horses recently; as their condition improves, so does their movement.

Me, on the other hand . . . .
th.gif
BB2K could tell you; I am pretty lean and fit for an old lady, but when I first get up in the morning, if you were to see me moving, your first thought might be, "will someone please just shoot that poor thing and put it out of its misery!?"
roll.png

She hasn't met Hilma without some sort of barrier yet, but Hilma gladly comes up to her to say hello.

By the way, do you find does to become aggressive when they have little kits? Hilma attacked my hand today when I went to change the bedding in her toilet box.

That's a pretty good likeness, except for Jack Haley's voice being higher than mine.
wink.png

@vehve - Does with litters can get really snotty; even ones that are normally friendly. I am always careful about putting my hands into the cage of a doe with a new litter; particularly when she's a first-timer. Some does don't wait for the kits to arrive; they become touch-me-nots when pregnant. And while I have a lovely scar on my wrist from the bite of vicious Netherland Dwarf buck, IME, does are more likely to be territorial than bucks are. Some people that breed for meat don't have an issue with cranky rabbits. However, since a lot of my animals get sold as pets, and a certain amount of personality seems to be inheritable, I make it a point not to use animals that are permanently moody (that ND buck voted himself out of the gene pool when he chomped on me).

Back
Top Bottom