*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

well uh... bad word or something.
roll.png

I tried, I tried... but as my mom said "your dad is too old, he doesn't know people like he used to"

-sigh-

Anyway... I crashed and burned.... I didn't get any good info for you.

I still think calling around to see if there is anyone there local, or local-ish that has more experience would be good........

but -sigh-

life is what it is.

On a happy note, the flooding in Texas did not sweep away any person or place that is near and dear to me (but I am sure it washed away a number of deer... and it was pretty awful actually.)
We are having a similar problem finding someone close that does a lot of parathyroid surgeries. A lot of surgeons lie and say they are experts at it but they really are not.

Aw, Alaskan, it's sweet of you to be trying to help.
hugs.gif
Good to hear that your loved ones are safe and dry.

It's so inspiring to see a guy "man up" and shoulder the whole load, but it's scary, too; Heaven knows, they aren't Supermen, much as they may try to be. Though they may try to just blow it off, you know the stress takes it toll, so you bet, we're praying for strength for Terry, too.

Though sometimes, we need strength, and patience too, just to live with them . . . . Take Critter. He knows I've had a cold. He has heard me coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose; he's seen me wrapped in a blanket at 70o because the fever made me feel cold. BB2K caught this cold several days before me, and she still has a rattly, productive cough. But somehow, I don't think he understood that I didn't feel well until he saw me lying on the floor in the bathroom, trying to get my stomach under control (colds can do that to me). Then suddenly, he's all concern.

"You OK? You said you had a fever - how high? Are you sure it's a cold?"

"Oh, yeah. Low fever; temp maybe 101. It's a cold. It's just a bit tougher than I expected - I only had a mildly sore throat; I kinda thought the other symptoms would be no great shakes as well."

"Oh, well, you know how it is. You're getting older; things hit you harder and take longer to recover from . . . ."

And as I'm lying on the floor, in my mind I'm going, "Yeah? Let's see how long it takes you to recover when I hit you harder if you don't SHUT UP!"
th.gif

Aw, Alaskan, it's sweet of you to be trying to help.
hugs.gif
Good to hear that your loved ones are safe and dry.

"Oh, well, you know how it is. You're getting older; things hit you harder and take longer to recover from . . . ."

And as I'm lying on the floor, in my mind I'm going, "Yeah? Let's see how long it takes you to recover when I hit you harder if you don't SHUT UP!"
th.gif

Is Critter my doctor? Whenever I mention my minor 'old man' complaints, he always says, "Well you aren't 25 anymore."
rant.gif

Oooh, I truly HATE it when the doctor tells me that......

"Of course that hurts, you are getting old"

"Yes, that is a growth on your ear, but you are old, it will just grow back if I cut it off, or you will get another growth in a different spot... No reason to bother removing it"

:th Not kidding.... That was the comment at my last visit. :rolleyes:

Last year I complained about my hands and wrists hurting. He took my hands in his and looked at them, and then said, "They're not swollen." SO? THEY HURT!

With the vit B 12 low levels I asked, "In addition to the shots for supplementation are we going to find out what causes these low levels of B 12?" His reply, "No, these things just happen."
ep.gif
Through the internet I found a few possible causes, rectified some dietary habits, and OTC medications and was able to stop the shots in about 6 months.

Last year I complained about my hands and wrists hurting. He took my hands in his and looked at them, and then said, "They're not swollen." SO? THEY HURT!

With the vit B 12 low levels I asked, "In addition to the shots for supplementation are we going to find out what causes these low levels of B 12?" His reply, "No, these things just happen."
ep.gif
Through the internet I found a few possible causes, rectified some dietary habits, and OTC medications and was able to stop the shots in about 6 months.
Do you think a Gerontologist would be better?

As far as the meds go, it worries me too. I won't take anything that has any birth defect risks, only category A or B drugs, which limits my treatment fairly heavily. I'd prefer not to take anything at all, but I don't really have a choice in the matter. At this point, it's already pretty serious. I tried arguing about all these antibiotics, and the doctor just flatly said If I didn't take the meds, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd be dead, and there wouldn't be a baby to be concerned about. So...I guess I'll take the meds.

Alaskan, thanks for trying. It's a pretty impossible task I know.

Em, if it makes you feel any better, there is less risk to the baby at this point. By 16 weeks, most of the organs and tissues have pretty much formed; most of what happens from here on out is increase in size and maturity. But since I don't think I've ever taken a prescription drug without experiencing at least one of the possible side effects, I know I wouldn't be downing that small pharmacy without a qualm, either.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom