*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

yesss.gif
Burt's peacocks!
celebrate.gif

You must have a lot of land Queen Em, if you can have that many chickens, and...a peacock!

I need more land...and no, I do not want to live in Alaska. I know there is a lot of land there. Cold land. :D

You must have a lot of land Queen Em, if you can have that many chickens, and...a peacock! 

I need more land...and no, I do not want to live in Alaska.  I know there is a lot of land there.  Cold land.   :D

There's also three mini horses, and 5 pigs out there. MFB takes care of everything. I just buy it.

Em. no fair. I need some horses. :) At this point in life, the mini would be just fine. Can't ride anymore. I just love a horse. Love their smell. When I get around them now, their smell brings back good memories of riding up the foothills of our big mountain. Loved it.
Now, bring it on with the smell comments you guys. :p

Last edited:
The mini horses were supposed to be ONE mini horse. Lily wanted a pony for her birthday. I was in the hospital, and somehow one pony turned into a mare and foal, and a stud.
idunno.gif

Oh, geez.
th.gif
Minis are so cheap these days, a lot of the males get left entire because even a routine gelding procedure can cost almost as much as the animal is worth. Some folks will tell you, "oh, he's so gentle, a child can handle him," and for some, it's true, but there are some that have every bit as much stallion attitude as a big horse, too (which is the reason that youth aren't allowed to show stallions, only geldings and mares). They can be every bit as difficult to confine as the big guys, when there are mares around; I've watched a few foalings from unintended breedings on Marestare, including some at barns of fairly well-known breeders.
roll.png

But boy, mini babies can sure be adorable, can't they? I met Blondie as a 5-month-old weanling, and she was every bit as friendly as a puppy. And of course, you can't beat 'em for the cuteness factor - I met Syd when she was only a couple of days old, and about the size of a Labrador . . . .
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom