Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics
just picked up 5 BR chicks today. I'm thinking I have 2 males in the group. Here is a photo of one that I suspect is a boy.. What are your thoughts ? He has very light coloured feet as well

These are 3 of my 5 Barred Rocks that I bought as chicks 2 months ago. I read about the color differences, so I am guessing the bossy on to the lower right is probably a rooster? "He" has lighter legs and feet than the rest and they are also larger. Anyone have ideas on this?

Hey all; these chicks are two weeks old today. I tried posting their pictures in a separate thread last week, but they had barely any wing feathers. They've grown quite a bit. Can they be even somewhat accurately sexed yet? They came from a TSC.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Hey all; these chicks are two weeks old today. I tried posting their pictures in a separate thread last week, but they had barely any wing feathers. They've grown quite a bit. Can they be even somewhat accurately sexed yet? They came from a TSC.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Still a little soon to be 100% positive, but I see all pullets!

I love love love this site!!! You are all so informative, for a first time chicken owner I refer to this site a lot!! I'm wondering if you could help me sex mine?? Some of these pics have the same birds, it's hard to take pics of without catching them. Thanks in advance!!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I need some help attempting to figure out if these are Roo's or Hen's if possible, they are still pretty little and some have a dark color on their legs but not their actual feet so I am finding it confusing to try and figure out. Any thoughts would be appreciated before my kids get too attached :)

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Hello, I'm new, but have been following this thread for about 3 weeks. Anyone care to take a guess on my son's Barred Rock? She (I hope) is about 5 weeks old. Very much the dominant one of our 4 chicks, and the silvery look feathers are concerning me, although she does have the leg wash, and almost no color on the comb.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom