Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics

I just recently got these "hens" from a friend of a friend, yesterday. They are approx 5 months old. Can someone tell me if they look to be hens or roosters? I am new to this while chicken thing, and I'm not sure how to tell. None are crowing...yet! But, as the chickens were being dropped off at my house I get the "I'm not really even sure if they're all hens" statement, so now I'm worried! I looked a few things up online, but you guys seem to be very good at telling! Pleas help!!

And also does anyone have any idea what the chicken with the feathers on the head could be? I don't know what breed that is! And also, need to know how to find out if that one is a rooster or her.

Thank you!!

Yes, those are all female, trust me.

Hey @aoxa how about my little barred one now? You put it in the "what is it" category a week ago. Still there or leaning toward one or the other now? the little pure Delaware cockerel who is 5 days older has a huge bright pink comb already. This barred baby is 18 days old now, no pink in the comb yet, but I'm leaning toward single barred male.

This is Isaac, Jr., pure Delaware. They get those big combs early, this Dellie line of mine.

Last edited:
Thanks!
ok, I know this is. thread for Plymouth Rocks, but hopefully someone knows the sex of this one? Came from the same guy as the plymouths and is also 4 1/2 months old.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Yea, that's what I was looking for as well. I sure hope we got lucky enough for them all to be pulleys :)
thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom