sign ideas before i shootsomeones doggy

Vermont law same but worded different

§ 3545. Right to kill domestic pets or wolf-hybrids generally

(a) A person may kill a domestic pet or wolf-hybrid that suddenly assaults him or her or when necessary to discontinue an attack upon the person or another person provided that the attack or assault does not occur while the domestic pet or wolf-hybrid is restrained, within an enclosure containing the domestic pet or wolf-hybrid, or on the premises of the owner.

(b) A domestic pet or wolf-hybrid found wounding, killing or worrying another domestic pet or wolf-hybrid, a domestic animal or fowl may be killed when the attendant circumstances are such that the killing is reasonably necessary to prevent injury to the animal or fowl which is the subject of the attack. (Amended 1977, No. 215 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. April 12, 1978; 1979, N

Quote:
So there is no fence around where the chickens/ducks range on your property?

You have to be careful and the dog has to be directly threatening/attacking your chickens in your own yard to justify shooting it. The way the laws are worded, including yours, you cannot just shoot any pet that happens to wander into your unfenced yard or you suspect might be responsible.

Quote:
Lol Best one yet.
I don't know, on one hand I would call the police and file a report, on the second hand the neighbor could be a real jerk and do something to your animals when u aren't home. So maybe just kill the dog. I would want to know if my dog were doing bad, but some think its their child and it can do no wrong.

Back
Top Bottom