Signs of Easter Eggers getting ready to lay-have they ever laid early?

If she's squatting, I would think it would be soon!
smile.png

Quote:
15 weeks!!!! Did you notice any signs beforehand? Like squatting or red face and comb??

At 14 weeks her comb got really red, she checked out the eggbox, then she sat in it and lastly an egg appeared.
smile.png

I had 3 EE in my original flock. They all started laying between 18-21 weeks iirc. Now, I only have the two from the original flock, and 2 new EE pullets with the other new girls. They are 18 weeks old on Monday coming, and dont show any signs at all of wanting to lay as of yet.

Our EEs were hatched 6/10 and began to lay on 11/14. We don't know how many are laying, but the eggs are green, not at all blue. They started sqatting and acting strange about a week before we got an egg. They are still getting the hang of laying, today one was in the yard and stretched herself up tall and dropped an egg!!!

My early spring EE's started laying at 16 weeks old.
My fall EE's didnt start laying until they were 28 to 32 weeks old.
I think the amount of daylight and the weather has alot
to do with it.

One of my EE's started laying at 16 weeks. I was shocked, and not at all ready for eggs! I had to make them a quickie nestbox out of a recycling bin. She laid all summer, but I think I am paying for those early eggs now, she has not laid in six weeks and appears to be going through a full molt. Make sure they have oyster shell available--I would keep them on starter anyway for a while as they still should be growing (make sure not medicated).

Last edited:
You're going to think I'm crazy, but........ I noticed right before my EE started laying, the skin around her beak turned red. Kind of like lipstick.(or beakstick) The comb turned red first, then around the beak turned red, then an egg.

I have two EE 34 weeks old and two Amerucanas 38 weeks old and NOT one egg from any of them. Someone said it was because they were getting too many treats --well, they get a much, much less 'goodies' than the other girlis that are the same ages!

Back
Top Bottom