Signs of When to HELP

If you don't have a troth for your water most incubators come with a plastic one but get small plastic containers put holes around the side at the top of the container so water won't flow out and fill two of those with water on lockdown I use one for the first 18 on my homemade incubators I know you said yours isn't homemade but if your water is leaking out of the holes on the bottom of the styrofoam that leads me to believe you don't have a plastic troth with a metal screening if you could take a pic of your set up people could help a lot more

i meant 24th sorry,its by little giant , 9300 still air incubator.
Ok, the LG 9300 is notorious for the temp display and the hygrometer being off. Often the control panel needs to be set higher than your goal to get the proper temps, so the first thing you want is your own checked/accurate thermometer/hygrometer in the incubator. Use that to monitor your temps and set the incubator as high as you need to to get the proper temps inside. Ditto on the humidity too.

The little giants have wells in the center of the bottom. (Unless they've changed them.) You don't want to fill the whole bottom, because there are small holes for circulation and water will run out if you fill anything except the wells. However, if you aren't in a high elevation, and are doing standard sized eggs, I highly recommend using a low humidity incubation method. If you can run dry above 25%, I would do so and monitor the air cells. I'll give you a link so that you can see what I am talking about. http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity I don't use water in mine until lockdown if I can help it. If I need a little extra moisture I use a sponge and not my water wells.

what is lockdown? and im doing bantam eggs
Lockdown is day 18 for chicken eggs. It's the term given for when you stop turning, pull out the turner if you are using one. Do your "last" candle (at least for most it's the last candle) and if you mark air cells you do that. And the big one- it's when you raise humidity for hatch.

I've found that for my silkies, which are bantam of course, I need to run 40-45% for the first 17 days (up to lockdown). But, I still use the method in the link that I gave you to monitor my air cells to be confident that they are on track.

Back
Top Bottom