Siklie colors/gender traits? Is this a roo?

Jencleg

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Jasper
Do colors or genders of silkies determine different features and traits or I just confused? I have (2) red, (2) black & (2) white chicks that are approx 6 weeks old.
My (2) white are my smallest chicks and they have hardly NO hair/combs on top of their heads, pretty much flat, they are pretty skittish and hide under anybody that will hold still.
My (2) blacks are really big & fluffy, and they have a little bit of "hair" sticking up on top. They are not as skittish as the whites but not as brave as my reds. They kinda just look like fluffy crows
My (2) reds are really tall and they both have these purpley/gray bumpy looking things growing where their noses stop & feathers start. And one of them stands up to me when I come around, not mean, they are really my favorites!
big_smile.png

90422_red.jpg

Oh...ok... Thank you. .............Will he get any prettier?
big_smile.png
LOL! So I assume that his red counterpart that looks just like him is too? Do the different colors develop their combs differently? I dont see any signs of combs on my blacks or whites....any way to tell?? Thank you!

I have no idea about the colours, but I don't think that they would change the way a silkies comb develops!

And yes, the silkie pictured is definitively a roo! I think he will get prettier! He is just in that awkward adolescent stage.

Back
Top Bottom