Silence Is Not Golden Here

Hello all
Hope everyone is well

We have a new layer in the flock and just love these eggs. They are beautiful has to be from our welsummer

The darn cockerel got my hand while I was in the coop getting eggs yesterday.
My husband is not on board yet making room in the freezer for him. :he
Soon very soon!
D3A9004D-8A08-499A-A791-11D6AC80460C.jpeg
770153FC-726E-4409-A296-0197ABA5D4F7.jpeg

6C60AA14-E6C3-4BE4-A569-AE9FE214F3B0.jpeg
49C3B46D-9BBD-4BF9-BDDA-C46227E16A73.jpeg
17BD2DA2-E404-4C8C-9561-933176D200C5.jpeg
So the mean chicken has been by herself for a few days.
Guys she is getting meaner. She tried attacking my face while I was changing her water and feed yesterday. Today her back feather are sticking up like a dogs back hair. She fully hates my guts and letting me know. I thinking I am just going to have to kill her my husband will not do it.

Only plus side is the flock has been a lot more peaceful with her out. They will all share one water thing out of the 3 in the run and not so stressed

View attachment 1525554 View attachment 1525553 View attachment 1525552 So the mean chicken has been by herself for a few days.
Guys she is getting meaner. She tried attacking my face while I was changing her water and feed yesterday. Today her back feather are sticking up like a dogs back hair. She fully hates my guts and letting me know. I thinking I am just going to have to kill her my husband will not do it.

Only plus side is the flock has been a lot more peaceful with her out. They will all share one water thing out of the 3 in the run and not so stressed
Sounds like she may have earned herself a trip to freezer camp. Attacking people is not good.

All 20 for $5?!

Yep. They were a quarter apiece. I was looking at bird seed (for treats) when one of the managers asked an employee if they still had them and if they did, sell them for a quarter each to whomever would buy them all... I said that I would take them (I managed not to jump up and down going ooh, ooh, ooh). He practically ran for a box to put them in. At the register I had to help the seemingly very young cashier ring them up. He originally rang them up for full price, but I helped him do the math for the discount. Then he put the quantity in as 50... this makes me very apprehensive about putting my son in the school system here.

Yep. They were a quarter apiece. I was looking at bird seed (for treats) when one of the managers asked an employee if they still had them and if they did, sell them for a quarter each to whomever would buy them all... I said that I would take them (I managed not to jump up and down going ooh, ooh, ooh). He practically ran for a box to put them in. At the register I had to help the seemingly very young cashier ring them up. He originally rang them up for full price, but I helped him do the math for the discount. Then he put the quantity in as 50... this makes me very apprehensive about putting my son in the school system here.
That's so cool! Are they straight run? Mixed breeds?

I hear ya on the education system. Very few know how to think for themselves. Except how to let something electronic do the work for them.

Back
Top Bottom