Silkie acting mean

kristysedai

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 28, 2011
My twelve week old silkie grabbed (with its beak) one of my 14 week Araucanas by the head and pulled it across the yard. Is this normal? My other silkie is very mellow and nice and I can't understand it. It is only half the size of the Araucana so I was really surprised.

I have two silky hens and one is sweet and lets you pick her up...the other attacks and she also chases my red stars and they RUN...because she is so nasty...yet less than half the size.

Both of mine are broody and I go in every day to put a bit of scratch down in front of them. The nice one waits a few minutes and then starts to nibble...the beotchy one, she takes my hand clear off and I really have to hold back because my automatic reaction is to react back to her...but I don't...I just walk away grumbling at what a beotch she is and hope she is a better mother...*sigh*

Wow... My silkie roo is the nicest thing in the world. I wouldn't say it's normal in my opinion, because all the silkies I've met were little sweethearts to young chicks!
Perhaps she was just establishing pecking order rank? Just in a really rough way...

Back
Top Bottom