1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie and Ameraucanas Wanted...Suggestions???

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by O.C.Chick, Mar 18, 2009.

1. O.C.Chick

O.C.Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Hello,

I am wondering if any of you know of a source for both Bearded Silkies AND Ameraucanas? I want to raise them from chicks (or at least fairly young) so that they will be more docile/tame. I know that it's very risky to combine young chicks from different sources, so I'm hoping that someone out there could recommend a good resource, Ideally in California or not too far away for safe shipping.

Any suggestions would be SO much appreciated!!! I was supposed to adopt two silkie pullets this week, but the owner decided she wanted to keep them on Monday [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I am so sad and disappointed!!! I have been working like a crazy-person (literally!) to get everything ready....Now I have NO chickens, and a chicken coop that's nicer than my house! And I'm NOT exaggerating! www.florafauna.info Please Help!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I'm sorry about your disappointment! I know it stinks to get your hopes up and then not get the animal you wanted to adopt.

I'm not able to be of help, but I loved your pictures. Your chicken house is ridiculously cute! I love your Koi!!! [​IMG]

3. O.C.Chick

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    KarlaChix:

Thanks for the generous compliment AND for the sympathy!!! I am embarrassed to admit how pitiful my life must be to actually CRY over not getting the chickens I had hoped to adopt!!! Only BYC Members might understand!!! My friends think I'm a bit insane (and may be correct!)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I haven't found a breeder with both silkies and Ameraucana bantams (just full-sized), so now I'm looking at Araucana bantams as an alternative. I'm hoping that BROWN EGG BLUE EGG (Alan Stanford) will tell me they can safely ship to my area.

WISH ME LUCK AND THANKS FOR THE SHOULDER TO CRY ON!!!

Alys

4. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I love you chicken house! I want one on a much larger scale! Now only if you had some ducks for that pond...... [​IMG] I am enabling!

5. raneydayfarm

raneydayfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    I love the chicken house as well! And I think that ducks would be a great addition for your pond too. [​IMG]

6. O.C.Chick

Nov 15, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    You two are TROUBLE!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by