Silkie Bantams.. 7 Weeks old.. FAR WEST SUBURBS OF CHICAGO

silkie7777

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 22, 2014
Gorgeous silkie bantam chicks 7 weeks old. I have 16 Blue, Black and Splash

I also have 10 silkie bantams that are 10 weeks old.

The first 6 pics are of my hens and roosters, then the next 3 are the 10 week olds and the final 3 pics are the 7 week olds.

Last edited:
how far west is west? I'm in Rockford and have friends in Dekalb, I may want to get one of your silkies as a present for my girlfriend!

We are about 45 minutes from Rockford, in Wayne. St. Charles, Elgin and Bartlett are our closest neighbors. A silkie would be a great gift, they are so cute and docile.

Oh man, you're pretty close then definitely. I will probably PM you later this week...thanks!

Hi, I am very interested. I have 4 , 3 wk. old chicks, would it be bad to put them together? And is it better to get 2?

I sometimes put a divider in between the newer chicks and older chicks if they aren't getting alone. Guess you just have to watch them and make sure the older ones don't pick on the younger ones. I rarely have an issue mixing in chicks of different stages, the silkies are so docile. either 1 or 2 would work since you already have chicks, no one would be lonely
smile.png

I sometimes put a divider in between the newer chicks and older chicks if they aren't getting alone. Guess you just have to watch them and make sure the older ones don't pick on the younger ones. I rarely have an issue mixing in chicks of different stages, the silkies are so docile. either 1 or 2 would work since you already have chicks, no one would be lonely
smile.png
I must have mean Silkies, I have tried to put chicks in with them and they will have no part of it!!!
he.gif
would make so much more room if I could put some in with them but......

Back
Top Bottom