Silkie behavior

HWeatherby

Hatching
Feb 26, 2017

We just got 2 Silkie hens (we hope) a little over a week ago. They are 4 mo old. We are spending time with them each day (petting, talking, feeding treats). They still are very skittish and run from us. Will they eventually start to come to us on their own when they are out of their coop if we continue to force ourselves on them? Any advice to help them acclimate to us? Do they look like hens, I do realize hard to tell.

Last edited:
The black silkie looks like a pullet, but the white one kind of makes me think it is a cockerel. This is just because of the larger comb and appearance of the face, beak, and feathers. I have recently invested in two more silkies which were extremely skittish. However, after a couple weeks of regular human interaction, they are a lot more docile, allowing me to pet them with little hesitation. As for them coming to you, I can not answer. My white silkies do as I have raised them from chicks, but my black silkies do their own thing. **cockerels seem to be more skittish at times**

HWeatherby
"Thanks! Hoping they are both hens as we were told because of ordinance in area....
1f631.png
"

Back
Top Bottom