Silkie (bottom rank) chicken doing Nothing.. help

Heathbelle

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2023
Hi all,
I'd love some advice please about my silkie who is bottom of the ranks (27wks old) and has been gradually doing less and less for the last couple months. Now she just stands there doing nothing.
-won't follow others
-comes out coop 10 mins later than others
-wont peck or scratch
-only eats if we entice her but some days she eats/drinks herself
-minor pecks from others as she's obviously the weakest link right now
-some feathers are falling out of her now, she is so sad and sleepy
- I've checked her over multiple times, and she has no sickness or mites or anything!
-I've given her multivits in a syringe now and then too
-I bring her out on the grass with the others but she barely pecks and walks soo slowly back to the run
-she seems to have isolated herself from the flock. I've given her a cage in the run with the door 1/2 open and food/water in there for her to feel safe as it seemed some minor bullying. She does go in the herself and just stands.
I've exhausted everything and I don't want her to die. she's my son's pet and soo fluffy and cute..
thanks.

It sounds like she is depressed because of all the picking on from her flockmates. It would probably be in her best interest to be rehomed into an all bantam flock.
yeah shes definitely sad that's for sure. knowing that flock dynamics change, i'm trying to keep her going. the only reason she's still with us is her other silkie bestie. the others are small polish, 1 aracauna and 1 leghorn-all small as had them all since 5 days old and only 7mths. hmm thanks. thinking next step

Back
Top Bottom