Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Good morning silkie folks!
I just wanted to drop a line to reintroduce myself. It's been over three years since I was last active on here, I used to go by cheshiechick13 (totally forgot my old password as well as the password to the email that account was linked to LOL). I had a beautiful flock of lavs and they were all massacred by a large dog early one morning. It was a mess of a situation. they were cooped and the dog got his big head in there and popped the door. Ironically I ended up marrying said dog owner (dog was immediately re-homed after that mess). Love my husband... not a fan of his former dog. I have been on a three year hiatus from chickens, I was so discouraged after that. I had spent so much time and money on those birds, I just gave it up after that. I guess I needed some time from that awful situation.
Well I'm back. I have 14 silkie eggs in the bator due to hatch on Monday (crossing fingers). If all goes well I'll have some Lav splits, buff lav splits, buffs, porcelains and even paints
jumpy.gif

Anywho I thought i would poke my head out of hiding and say hi!
smile.png

~Steph

Another question...what does it mean for a chook to have a calcified egg in her stomach?
She layed internally and it became a calcified tumor.

Good morning silkie folks!
I just wanted to drop a line to reintroduce myself. It's been over three years since I was last active on here, I used to go by cheshiechick13 (totally forgot my old password as well as the password to the email that account was linked to LOL). I had a beautiful flock of lavs and they were all massacred by a large dog early one morning. It was a mess of a situation. they were cooped and the dog got his big head in there and popped the door. Ironically I ended up marrying said dog owner (dog was immediately re-homed after that mess). Love my husband... not a fan of his former dog. I have been on a three year hiatus from chickens, I was so discouraged after that. I had spent so much time and money on those birds, I just gave it up after that. I guess I needed some time from that awful situation.
Well I'm back. I have 14 silkie eggs in the bator due to hatch on Monday (crossing fingers). If all goes well I'll have some Lav splits, buff lav splits, buffs, porcelains and even paints
jumpy.gif

Anywho I thought i would poke my head out of hiding and say hi!
smile.png

~Steph
Welcome back =)

Back
Top Bottom