Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

I have a question about Nori. I am wondering if she has sour crop. I just gave her a bath because she was covered in poop. Her crop is large and squishy like it's full of air. I don't know if it's water or air, she did drink a lot today I saw her. I put ACV in their water every day and put an especially large dose in today. She has been having normal bowel movements that I know of (she just did on my floor) and pretty sure she has been eating also. She hasn't layed an egg in a couple days though and has been consistant every other day since she started last week. She is acting normal otherwise. Should I seperate her just in case and just give her the water with ACV until her crop empties?

Is duck feet when the back toes points forward? Are you sure it's hereditary?
Not sure if it is hereditary, but it makes the bird pet quality
he.gif
. I would love to heard more in the subject though.

Here are two pictures to compare:

This one has good toes:

And this one has the duck feet: Can you see the nail going forward instead of backward?

I have a silkie with two toes on her right foot and two toes with a toenail between them on her left foot. Is this common?
A toenail between two toes?
No I never heard of it, sorry. Can you post a picture?
I have a question about Nori. I am wondering if she has sour crop. I just gave her a bath because she was covered in poop. Her crop is large and squishy like it's full of air. I don't know if it's water or air, she did drink a lot today I saw her. I put ACV in their water every day and put an especially large dose in today. She has been having normal bowel movements that I know of (she just did on my floor) and pretty sure she has been eating also. She hasn't layed an egg in a couple days though and has been consistant every other day since she started last week. She is acting normal otherwise. Should I seperate her just in case and just give her the water with ACV until her crop empties?
I hope she is doing better. I don't know if you should do ACV everyday. I would give it to them one to 2 times a week.

Are you holding her feet with the towel? I gave my silkie rooster a somewhat bath, I was too scared that I would hurt him somehow. He got caught out in the rain and my husband found him out in the horse pasture just hunkered down. He was wet and cold, poor boy. I didn't bathe him very well so when I dried him he still smelled, pew!

ACV should not be given with sour crop..it will aggravate the condition..if you are using ACV I don't think it is sour crop..smell her breath. That is a dead give away. Anytime you suspect a bird is ill or injured, separation should happen.
I read everywhere to give ACV in the water when a bird has sour crop? Anyway, she seems fine now, I think she just had a lot of water in there. It just feels like food now. But she is showing off a little extra tonight
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom