Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

And a few feather are geting buds but how long will it take for them to grow back
Are the feathers shafts still in? If the feathers gone but the pin is still in and it's bleeding just pull out the rest of the feather. It acts as a syphon(sp?) so once it's pulled out it will stop bleeding.

It will take 6-8 weeks for the feathers to grow back

PS: this is not a chatroom, no matter how many times you post someone will only see it when they logon and it goes straight to the last post they saw, they will see your post so posting the same thing in multiple posts will just annoy people
hu.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, how fast should doing that stop her from reproducing?

Most likely a week tops. It depends on how fast her body adjusts. Honestly, it will probably only be a day or two. Just as long as she doesn't have light during her LH surge, there will be no egg. If you want to PM me your email I can send you some of the more basic notes I have on the subject. :)

Most likely a week tops. It depends on how fast her body adjusts. Honestly, it will probably only be a day or two. Just as long as she doesn't have light during her LH surge, there will be no egg. If you want to PM me your email I can send you some of the more basic notes I have on the subject.
smile.png
Thank you! I have her completely covered now with a thick blanket so no light can get in. Now is it possibly that while the egg was stuck another started it's way down? It was stuck for at least 2 days. Or would her body not send out another while the first is still inside?

Thank you! I have her completely covered now with a thick blanket so no light can get in. Now is it possibly that while the egg was stuck another started it's way down? It was stuck for at least 2 days. Or would her body not send out another while the first is still inside?

Unfortunately it is very possible another was on its way. I'd keep checking to make sure if there was one it is on the right path.

Unfortunately it is very possible another was on its way. I'd keep checking to make sure if there was one it is on the right path.
Yeah I will palpate her tomorrow. She hasn't been laying very regularly, usually only once every 2 or 3 days. The problem is she has a sutured incision in her oviduct and sutures to her cloaca, So it's gonna be a mess if she does.

Yeah I will palpate her tomorrow. She hasn't been laying very regularly, usually only once every 2 or 3 days. The problem is she has a sutured incision in her oviduct and sutures to her cloaca, So it's gonna be a mess if she does.
Yea, then she might be lucky and there are no more eggs. Don't worry too much though. It is surprisingly elastic. I have done surgeries on the oviduct and had to suture it and the birds were back to laying the next day, no problems.
thumbsup.gif

Keep us posted on how she does!

Yea, then she might be lucky and there are no more eggs. Don't worry too much though. It is surprisingly elastic. I have done surgeries on the oviduct and had to suture it and the birds were back to laying the next day, no problems.
thumbsup.gif

Keep us posted on how she does!
whew that makes me feel better! She is also on antibiotics for 7 days in case of any infection. I was glad he didn't charge me an arm and a leg for the whole procedure! It only came to $125 for the exam, the last minute surgery, and the meds. I read your notes, thank you! One more question, besides electrolytes, what can I give her to make sure she stays well hydrated to keep her innards moist so this doesn't happen again?

Back
Top Bottom