Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Mr. Ace Ventura has now had his first bath ever!! :lau And he wasn't as dramatic as I thought he would be! He's about 9 months old. I think I'll start my next chicks with this bathing stuff a little sooner. lol He wasn't much for posing either. I got a couple of nice shots. Ace insisted on taking a nap in the sun. Today was the warmest day we've had for a long time and all the animals were snoozing in the sun! And look at those feet! Not the greatest feathering around but I was pretty impressed how his feet turned out after a bath. They looked quite sad before and I didn't think they were going to turn out that good. :lol: Now I'm REALLY excited about taking this guy to our first show in April! I mailed the entries today!! :weee
Gorgeous!!!!! I love splashes!!

O.k. here they are! Critique away.I know they are probably none sq,but I think some are nice. I believe they must have just hatched cause one still has shell on his back,and he also has a streak that looks as tho it was cut(but I'm sure it was'nt) any way just got home w/ them. Drove little over 1 hr. There 1 hr. Back.

O.k there's 7 chicks I think I got all pics.seperated correctly.
Just had to put a couple more of this guy.he's so cute.he'll never show cause he does have flaws

Mr. Ace Ventura has now had his first bath ever!!
lau.gif
And he wasn't as dramatic as I thought he would be! He's about 9 months old. I think I'll start my next chicks with this bathing stuff a little sooner. lol

He wasn't much for posing either. I got a couple of nice shots. Ace insisted on taking a nap in the sun. Today was the warmest day we've had for a long time and all the animals were snoozing in the sun!

And look at those feet! Not the greatest feathering around but I was pretty impressed how his feet turned out after a bath. They looked quite sad before and I didn't think they were going to turn out that good.
lol.png

Now I'm REALLY excited about taking this guy to our first show in April! I mailed the entries today!!
wee.gif
What a good looking boy! What kind of shampoo did you use?
A few of the babies....and the duck.

Iribella's sibling

Cheech and Chooch.

Iribella (Isabel's daughter)
Very cute!!! Love the little duckling... so adorable!
O.k. here they are! Critique away.I know they are probably none sq,but I think some are nice. I believe they must have just hatched cause one still has shell on his back,and he also has a streak that looks as tho it was cut(but I'm sure it was'nt) any way just got home w/ them. Drove little over 1 hr. There 1 hr. Back.

Just had to put a couple more of this guy.he's so cute.he'll never show cause he does have flaws

They look very nice! Can't wait to see more pictures of them as they grow up.

I love the sweet face on the second baby. Your fencing looks really nice. Is it some type of dog fence?
Thanks, we have several pet play yards and for winter we set them up in the barn, a paddock for each group. It works out well. I know the plastic doesn't look the best, but it keeps the roos from constantly want to fight. The nice thing is, they can all be taken apart and put away very easily.

Could the bottom one be mixed with WC polish? has a cute top hat! Unfortunately from these pics and being so young it is hard to tell the quality. All you can really do now is check they have good feet feathering, the middle toe has to have feathers on it as well. Make sure they have 5 toes on each foot, none are stuck together or missing/ have an over abundance of nails. Make sure skin is black, some light pigment may go away within the week if there is any. Just make sure they look healthy =)

Could the bottom one be mixed with WC polish? has a cute top hat! Unfortunately from these pics and being so young it is hard to tell the quality. All you can really do now is check they have good feet feathering, the middle toe has to have feathers on it as well. Make sure they have 5 toes on each foot, none are stuck together or missing/ have an over abundance of nails. Make sure skin is black, some light pigment may go away within the week if there is any. Just make sure they look healthy =)
X2, very difficult to tell quality at this point. There are a couple that jump out at me though, just have to wait and see.

Bottom pic if I rememb
I hope he's not a cross,but we'll see.I think some have good feet and some do not in fact the guy w/ the bufont dose'nt have correct amount of toe's on one foot.I'll post more in a week or two so you all can tell me what you think.quick question ,how old are they before they can be sexed? And how long do you give starter feed till there old enough for regular feed?

Back
Top Bottom