Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

im starting to save up my silkie eggs to hatch soon i have 6 eggs from my newer blue hen thats being mated by a buff based partridge based rooster and then finally my first 2 silkies started laying well the hens has been laying lol and the rooster i think is mating im not sure yet and i don't know if their good quality or not but their my babies so i don't care either way does anyone want to see them and you guys can tell me if the 2 are good quality or not

Thank you! After I give them a bath I'll post some pictures to see what you all think.

thumbsup.gif

I have really nice news to share! Lindsey participated in her first show in Sussex NJ and was surprised with several big wins in the open show. She is one happy gal! Still walking around with a big smile. Jamie Matts was very kind to spend time going over Lindsey's silkies, to help educate us. Very enlightening... There were over 750 birds in the show and the silkies had a pretty big class.

Here are Lindsey's placings:
RB - Splash Silkie
BV - Partridge
1st - Partridge
2nd- Partridge
BV - Blue
1st - Blue
BV - Black
BV - Black sizzle
BB - Nankin
RB - Nankin

Congratulations!!!

Your little boy is precious. I want to squish those adorable cheeks!  (And I am not even a kid person!) lol
He will have so much fun with these birds...good luck!
Thank you so much! He has a very kind, sweet spirit. Last night we had some bad storms. He was crying because he was afraid the chickens would be hurt. So....I trucked out there to bring the four chickens into our sunroom. My husband thought I'd lost my mind when he pulled up and saw what I was doing!! Didn't want my little heart patient's blood pressure going up!

Thank you so much! He has a very kind, sweet spirit. Last night we had some bad storms. He was crying because he was afraid the chickens would be hurt. So....I trucked out there to bring the four chickens into our sunroom. My husband thought I'd lost my mind when he pulled up and saw what I was doing!! Didn't want my little heart patient's blood pressure going up!

You're a good mom!
thumbsup.gif

Oh no - he has a heart problem? What a little sweetheart. He is lucky to have such a caring mother - and so are the birds!

Btw, where are you located? I would be happy to share some lovely whites with him when I have some to share...

Back
Top Bottom