Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Quote: It's a grey, but not to the standard. Colour should be darker. I do have to ask, is it part giraffe?
gig.gif

Quote: no, you are correct, there is gold leakage in the neck. I know it doesn't look blue, but I thought if on parent is a splash, then offspring to non blue/splash parent will be blue, to some degree. At least genetically blue.
Yes, if a parent is splash, all offspring will receive blue from that parent. The gold in the neck is autosomal red. Blue doesn't pattern like that. So I guess you could call it blue grey...

Quote: no, you are correct, there is gold leakage in the neck. I know it doesn't look blue, but I thought if on parent is a splash, then offspring to non blue/splash parent will be blue, to some degree. At least genetically blue.
Yes, if a parent is splash, all offspring will receive blue from that parent. The gold in the neck is autosomal red. Blue doesn't pattern like that. So I guess you could call it blue grey...
Or maybe try for some photos that are up close and larger? Maybe a pale splash with gold? I still think it looks to have the pattern of a grey, but it would be nice to see larger photos.

Quote:
guess I can only do one pic from phone per post.
It's a grey, but not to the standard. Colour should be darker. I do have to ask, is it part giraffe?
gig.gif

Quote:
Or maybe try for some photos that are up close and larger? Maybe a pale splash with gold? I still think it looks to have the pattern of a grey, but it would be nice to see larger photos.
Yes, it may be part giraffe. It always does that when I come into the quarantine pen. I am out of town but will try and get some better close up more detailed shots with my good camera instead of phone camera. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom