Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

My chicks are by White Catdance, Shorty Polston, and Sheryl Bulter strains. They feather out all white, and stay white. None of my adult stock have brassy leakage. Period.
If you got birds from Shorty in the last 10 years, they are down from mine. I gave Shorty my last 2 trios when my mother was terminal. I had White Whites, and Shorty did on his old line too.

Is there anyway I can breed that out?
It can be bred out if you never use a bird showing brass, or by doing white to colored breedings. If you get a white from breeding 2 colored birds, it is generally a recessive white ,that will sty white.I got very good recessive whites from my Buff breedings.

What would I get crossing a black silkie hen with a mottled java roo

A white silkie hen with a speckled Sussex roo

Or a blue silkie hen with a lemon cuckoo orpington
Thanks for helping. Lost in genetics

I just bought a beautiful Pair of Silkies and my little Hen layed today her second egg. I am so impatient to see what chicks I get. 21 days can be SOOO Long
jumpy.gif

Ok I have another question. I have changed my flock to silkies except for a small few and one of which is my welsummer hen. She has been attached to my big polish rooster for a year at least and always lays very good, but I decided to sell that rooster due to his aggressive behavior and now after a month she STILL won't go around any of my 5 silkie roosters! I really want to keep hatching her babies but I dont know how to get her interested in them? She seems to stay to herself all the time now . Its sad but I figured she would move on? Should I lock her in a pin with one of them or?? I'm at a loss so any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom