Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

i gueess they are a inch or maller, i will take a pic of his leg, thats hard to remove his leg feathers.....
I commented on your post on the other thread, but I just noticed your in africa. I don't know as much about the large fowl silkies and if their standard is different, but If I was to compare them to bantams I would say they are pet quality, the female doesn't have feathers on her feet and an almost non-existant crest, and the male has a lot of hard feathers in is tail. They are adorable though and you will be bit by the silkie bug soon!

New white hen, Crystal
smile.png

Hi everyone! Would any of y'all happen to recommend any silky breeders in Tx? I wouldn't mind looking out of state but I hope to find somebody close to home near San Antonio.

We are looking at finally purchasing out first silkies. The kids would like to show them in 4-H. I've really enjoyed reading this thread from beginning to end. Coming from "show dogs" I really have learned a lot by the explanations of conformation posted here. I look forward to learning a ton more ;)

Back
Top Bottom