PoofBallSilkie

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2019
F01B64A5-38E3-45B5-894D-3BC83437F3DC.jpeg
So this is a bantam splash calico silkie, and I was wondering why this coloring is not seen very often? Is it because it is that difficult to achieve? This is by far the most brilliant silkie coloring I have ever seen and would like to breed this variation when I am able to finish college and settle down. Isn’t it beautiful?!

View attachment 3118778So this is a bantam splash calico silkie, and I was wondering why this coloring is not seen very often? Is it because it is that difficult to achieve? This is by far the most brilliant silkie coloring I have ever seen and would like to breed this variation when I am able to finish college and settle down. Isn’t it beautiful?!
Oh my god! That is beautiful. I’ve never seen a silkie like that.

Getting a splash or paint with that many dark spots is uncommon, and usually the red/buff leakage doesn’t end up that patchy. Also, calico silkies with those genetics don't breed true.

Calico in silkies is a color in progress, just like many others. Not many people have it as a project color nor sell them. Not to mention they're very hard to find! To be able to get to that color in the picture probably took SOOOOOOO many generations of breeding and retaining certain colors to get to that point. One place I do know that sells satin mille fleur silkies is Lauren Taylor Chickens on FB. Unfortunately, it's local pickup only where they're located. I hope this helped you some!

Back
Top Bottom