Silkie calico how to create?

dkwutk

Chirping
May 5, 2019
HI I want to create calico silkies splash with red leakage I already have a splash hen but she has just a little bit of leakage and I was wondering If I mix her with this black rooster and her baby back to her will I get more leakage or should I try a different method?

Attachments

• IMG_8557.jpg
    IMG_8557.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 84
  • 0322a6f5-5a1c-488a-b14e-77eaf8b569f0.JPG
    0322a6f5-5a1c-488a-b14e-77eaf8b569f0.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 30
HI I want to create calico silkies splash with red leakage I already have a splash hen but she has just a little bit of leakage and I was wondering If I mix her with this black rooster and her baby back to her will I get more leakage or should I try a different method?

I don't have a lot of insight but just wanted to say what a beautiful pair! I'm trying to figure out how to start up some calicos myself (I'm hoping to try for both splash with red leakage and paint with red leakage). I'm not sure how it'll go with what I have right now either. I've had trouble finding much information on what to cross for best results. It would be really interesting to see what you get out of this pair if you decide to try it out. If I had those two I would definitely want to experiment! :)

I don't have a lot of insight but just wanted to say what a beautiful pair! I'm trying to figure out how to start up some calicos myself (I'm hoping to try for both splash with red leakage and paint with red leakage). I'm not sure how it'll go with what I have right now either. I've had trouble finding much information on what to cross for best results. It would be really interesting to see what you get out of this pair if you decide to try it out. If I had those two I would definitely want to experiment! :)
I actually spoke to the girl on Facebook that perfected calico silkies but she told me that she didn’t cross splash silkies with any other color she just been breeding the birds with red leakage that she got. I don't have a splash rooster for my hen so I may try a few eggs from this pair next time I'll incubate.

I actually spoke to the girl on Facebook that perfected calico silkies but she told me that she didn’t cross splash silkies with any other color she just been breeding the birds with red leakage that she got. I don't have a splash rooster for my hen so I may try a few eggs from this pair next time I'll incubate.

Interesting, that's good to know. I've seen her calicos and parti paints, they were just beautiful! :love

I hope similar results could eventually be attained by crossing in colors. All the splashes I've had in the past didn't have any leakage. :hmm

You might have better luck trying to find a blue rooster with red leakage and breeding to your splash. I think your boy is an incomplete partridge which will be adding the red pattern instead of splashing of red. I’m not sure. I had this cockerel, he was pretty but his red was more in a partridge pattern. I’m not sure what his parents were as he hatched from purchase eggs.
959A7B6E-89B5-45F4-ABCF-EE8E247D8898.png

Back
Top Bottom