Silkie Chick Acting... Different?

druidgirl

In the Brooder
May 9, 2016
I have a silkie chick that is maybe 2 weeks at most. She (maybe)is very tiny, doesnt really mix in with the rest of the flock (one other silkie, a buff orpington, and 3 americauna). She still gets pasty butt, though I've tried the yogurt with chick crumble, and clean her two or three times a day. Her vent is different, too. It points straight down. She eats and drinks but just doesnt seem... Right. Any ideas?

Some chicks aren't form properly and can fail to thrive. Not much you can do except what you are doing. I have had some off silkie chicks before, some make it, others don't.

Some chicks aren't form properly and can fail to thrive. Not much you can do except what you are doing. I have had some off silkie chicks before, some make it, others don't.

It seems like she isn't growing. The littlest one is her, and one of the other black ones is a same age silkie from the same clutch. I think that's what its called.

Oh lord I don't know how to upload a picture. Suffice it to say that my other silkie has grown and she has not.

Update- she didn't make it. My husband found her dead when I was on my way home from work. Poor little thing. :(

Back
Top Bottom