Silkie chick colors

ClearCreekGirl

Songster
7 Years
I've got two Silkie roosters and 3 Silkie hens. Barnaby is black with gold and silver leakage, Julian is dark blue with a little red leakage. Esme is white, Glitter is splash, and Chiffon is porcelain. I've hatched a bunch of chicks recently and got blacks, whites, blues, grey, partridges, and one gorgeous lavender/light blue. But these little ones have me stumped. What color do you think they could be?
20200611_203912.jpg

20200611_203928.jpg

20200611_203941.jpg

I've got two Silkie roosters and 3 Silkie hens. Barnaby is black with gold and silver leakage, Julian is dark blue with a little red leakage. Esme is white, Glitter is splash, and Chiffon is porcelain. I've hatched a bunch of chicks recently and got blacks, whites, blues, grey, partridges, and one gorgeous lavender/light blue. But these little ones have me stumped. What color do you think they could be?View attachment 2189875
View attachment 2189878
View attachment 2189882
With all the color combos, it’s hard to know what they could be!! They could be black based or red based, they could have one or two copies of the blue gene, or they could be carriers of lavender or white. So many combos!
The only one I can fully speculate on is the one in the middle. The chipmunk pattern indicates partridge, and the bluish tint could be the presence of the blue gene... if I’m correct the father of this one is the Blue rooster with leakage but the mom could be any of them! I’m not sure what it will look like as an adult!

You can almost see a light chipmunk pattern on the first chick, so I’d guess red based as well. Maybe it has two copies of blue and is partridge based? I would guess porcelain but one of your roosters must be a carrier of lavender (since lavender needs two copies to express itself) which is impossible to know without test breeding.

Third chick could have one copy of Extended black and one of red... but that’s just a random guess!

With all the color combos, it’s hard to know what they could be!! They could be black based or red based, they could have one or two copies of the blue gene, or they could be carriers of lavender or white. So many combos!
The only one I can fully speculate on is the one in the middle. The chipmunk pattern indicates partridge, and the bluish tint could be the presence of the blue gene... if I’m correct the father of this one is the Blue rooster with leakage but the mom could be any of them! I’m not sure what it will look like as an adult!

You can almost see a light chipmunk pattern on the first chick, so I’d guess red based as well. Maybe it has two copies of blue and is partridge based? I would guess porcelain but one of your roosters must be a carrier of lavender (since lavender needs two copies to express itself) which is impossible to know without test breeding.

Third chick could have one copy of Extended black and one of red... but that’s just a random guess!
Thanks! That is really informative! I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom