Silkie chick with raspy breathing and sneezing

Savannah_loves_chickens

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2018
I brought home a few different chicks from different people. Only to find out later that one of the places I got my silkies from was dealing with lice and other issues. Could my chicks have inherited some kind of disease? Is there any cure? I have this one chick separated inside the house. Should I be feeding electrolytes? Any tips would be greatly appreciated 🙏

I brought home a few different chicks from different people. Only to find out later that one of the places I got my silkies from was dealing with lice and other issues. Could my chicks have inherited some kind of disease? Is there any cure? I have this one chick separated inside the house. Should I be feeding electrolytes? Any tips would be greatly appreciated 🙏
How are your chicks doing?
Bringing chicks in from different sources, you can risk bringing in diseases.
Have you been able to get rid of the mites?
Raspy breathing and sneezing can be respiratory illness, it would be hard to know. If she's managing without medications that is good.

I do notice that you posted about your brother's flock last year. Were any chicks you got from that flock or are you around his birds much? Respiratory diseases can be spread by dust/dander and get on clothes, shoes, etc. and be transferred to other flocks. Just a thought.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-why-are-my-chickens-sneezing.1408967/

Back
Top Bottom