Silkie color help please - not what i was expecting!

Those chicks look like a project a friend of mine is doing with her silkies...since last year she's been hatching out chicks that look VERY similar to yours. Her chickens are lavander, blue, white, black, poreclian(sp) and splashes (the breeders) the chicks from last year are GORGEOUS adults, I'm thinking of getting a few out of her next hatch that look like those, they are beautiful and unique.

The adults are white with pale silver or lavander splashing, or pale silver with dark blue or black splash markings and some are lavander with splashing of blue or black...They are very interesting looking things...I'll have to see if I can't get her to send me some pictures if she's willing. (her birds are selling like crazy surprisingly, because around here not many people are interested in silkies, but they adore her crazy colored ones like these.)

Those look like pure silkies except maybe the fact they dont have as much fluff on the head as a alot of showy looking chicks have...But again, they look exceptionally similar to my friend's project silkies.

Back
Top Bottom