Silkie color question - MORE PICTURES ADDED

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by geosheets, Mar 23, 2011.

1. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    What color is this pullet? The parent birds were silver partridge. She's patterned like her silver siblings except she is a milky brown... almost a bronze color.

Trying to decide what color she is and what to breed her with... she's beautiful and I want more. Not sure if I should take her back to silver partridge or breed her to a black.

Your thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    is she partridge maybe [​IMG] did she get a gold gene somewhere ?

she is cute [​IMG]

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Very pretty George! [​IMG] Sorry I can't help with what to breed her to, though.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:x2 George!

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    She is either grey or partridge or blue partridge; can't really tell from the photos.

6. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    I would breed her with a partridge because if you breed her to blue or black the gold will be there for a long time and most people don't like that.

7. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    It is hard to see the color in pictures and the pictures don't do her justice. Today was a nice overcast day so I took some more pics. The ones with 2 birds are a grey and the bird in question. The grey is from the same parent stock & same hatch so the birds are identical in age and both are pullets... right at 8 months old. I also included a couple photos with a white & black pullet for color reference. I think these pics show the color a little better so... do we have some new opinions on her color?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    I would breed her to silver partridge, her father was probably split for gold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by