I'm so tickled with this mix...

chanceosunshine

Songster
Jul 15, 2019
NW Ohio
We have one chicken hatched this year that I am really smitten with, looks wise. I think she's really neat. I'm going to try to breed more of them this coming spring and then maybe breed them to each other and see what happens.
She started out white and she has slowly added color into her feathers. Pictures don't do her justice. She is an Easter Egger/Leghorn. So I expect a nice load of eggs from her.
Am I wrong, or is she adorable?
IMG_8145.jpeg

We have one chicken hatched this year that I am really smitten with, looks wise. I think she's really neat. I'm going to try to breed more of them this coming spring and then maybe breed them to each other and see what happens.
She started out white and she has slowly added color into her feathers. Pictures don't do her justice. She is an Easter Egger/Leghorn. So I expect a nice load of eggs from her.
Am I wrong, or is she adorable?
View attachment 3683472
Cute. I have a phoenix x sebright mix with similar coloring. Thinking it has to do with some dominant white

Cute. I have a phoenix x sebright mix with similar coloring. Thinking it has to do with some dominant white

For the one in this thread (Leghorn-mix), I think it is Dominant White turning black to white, on a chicken that would otherwise look much like a Black Sexlink (black with gold leakage.) So this bird is white with gold leakage.

It does look quite pretty :)

Back
Top Bottom