Silkie color update

Nduntsch

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
So this little one is 2 weeks and has started to get some wing feathers. Would this be a blue splash? Older pics to see what she looked like at a day old.

Attachments

LynnaePB

Crowing
Mar 30, 2019
Eastern Tennessee
I remember this cutie, looks like it is feathering in interestingly so far too! :love

I kind of doubt the little one is a splash. Doesn't look to be feathering in like any of the splashes I've had. Splash can vary but from what I've experienced with it they usually have more light feathers than dark when feathering in and then get more splashes of dark as they mature.

Here is a picture of a splash chick starting to feather in. You can see how light the down usually is over the entire body. Most of the wing feathers are fairly light. The chick behind it is a splash also and even lighter than the one pictured in the front.

Splash feathering in.JPG

I still think your little one is probably more of an interesting mix than a pure color. It is very pretty so far, I love seeing the update.

It is sort of reminiscent of gray (silver partridge) and mottled chicks but I don't think it really matches either very well from the ones I've seen anyway.

Nduntsch

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
I remember this cutie, looks like it is feathering in interestingly so far too! :love

I kind of doubt the little one is a splash. Doesn't look to be feathering in like any of the splashes I've had. Splash can vary but from what I've experienced with it they usually have more light feathers than dark when feathering in and then get more splashes of dark as they mature.

Here is a picture of a splash chick starting to feather in. You can see how light the down usually is over the entire body. Most of the wing feathers are fairly light. The chick behind it is a splash also and even lighter than the one pictured in the front.

View attachment 2343611

I still think your little one is probably more of an interesting mix than a pure color. It is very pretty so far, I love seeing the update.

It is sort of reminiscent of gray (silver partridge) and mottled chicks but I don't think it really matches either very well from the ones I've seen anyway.
Thank you for your reply!

Top Bottom