Silkie color??

AmandaLou

Chirping
Feb 17, 2021
I have the sweetest silkie named Dottie! I thought she would be a painted/splash silkie (gray and white) but now at about 5-6 weeks old she has some brown/tan feathers showing up?! Ideas as to what color she may become?!?!??

Attachments

• Dottie1.jpg
    Dottie1.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Dottie2.jpg
    Dottie2.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Dottie3.jpg
    Dottie3.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 15
I have the sweetest silkie named Dottie! I thought she would be a painted/splash silkie (gray and white) but now at about 5-6 weeks old she has some brown/tan feathers showing up?! Ideas as to what color she may become?!?!??
Splash Partridge, looks to be, & the red in the shoulders makes me think cockerel.

Have pictures of the possible parents?

no, no pics of parents. we got her from Rural King! I hope she isnt a he.... she is my favorite!!!!
We won't know exact gender until at least 5-6 months. It could just be the color placement do to color pattern. Usually red in the shoulders is a good indicator with partridge type coloration.

Coming from a feed store/hatchery I doubt it's anything cool like a Blue/Splash Partridge or a Blue Cream/Porcelain. More than likely its just an off color like Buff or something.

Back
Top Bottom