silkie colour

jack bache

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 4, 2011
hay i was wondering what silkie colour i should get before i bye some. thanks. whats the most popular colour.

I LOVE red silkies! I reqlly want some but dont have anymore room
roll.png
I also like blues and blacks. The most popular are probably buffs, but not the cutest. Blues and reds are the cutest
big_smile.png

Since the Silkies started out White, it seems to be the most prevelent color. I really love my Partridges and my Black, Blue, and Splash birds the best! Take a look at some of the other Silkie threads on here, and check breeder's web sites on the net. There are quite a few colors to pick from, see what you like the best.
wink.png

Unless you're thinking of getting in to Silkies for easy ability to sell, I suggest you get what you like. Not what is popular. I've had almost every color out there in the years I've been breeding Silkies. I keep getting out of the colors and going with my whites. White is the color I prefer personally just because I like white birds. Of course I also like black & white birds so I have paints now too to add to my Silver Spangled Hamburgs.

What I'm saying, is don't get a color because its popular, get the one that is most pleasing to you.

Get the variety that makes your heart sing. Regardless of whether you want to show or just want fancy lawn ornaments and pets, what you enjoy will give you the most satisfaction.

what i do is breed and sell i was wondering what the most rare colour is. Is it splash.
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
It all depends on the person. Right now the most people are buying is paint. Splash isn't that rare since its just the product of two blues. Personaly i like the partridge and the buffs and i dont think buff is the most popular like DUCKGIRL89 has said. White and black is what i see most on the auction form with paints atm. So i would say those are the most.

The rare colors are still being worked on, colors like Paint and what is being called Porcelain at this point.

What you are looking for is popular. Splash is popular in a wide range of breeders. From those serious about the variety to those that just want yard art.

But I will warn you, if you think you're going to make money off a venture like that its not likely. Most breeders are lucky if they break even on the cost of raising them.

Back
Top Bottom