Silkie/cream leg bar mixes question

I have 3 chicks where the dad was black silkie and mom was cream legbar.
does the whole auto sexing thing still work for mixes or?

Autosexing, no.

But you should have sexlinks. Chicks who grow white bars on their feathers are male, chicks without white bars are female.

(Basic recipe for that kind of sexlink: barred mother, not-barred father, dark enough feathers that you can see the barring. You've got all those.)

May I ask what they ended up looking like? and what color egg they ended up laying (if they even have yet) I'm curious since we have a legbar hen and I think a silkie who is looking more roo everyday. I thought this would be just a fun little backyard mix but I can't find lots of examples. Thanks in advance!

May I ask what they ended up looking like? and what color egg they ended up laying (if they even have yet) I'm curious since we have a legbar hen and I think a silkie who is looking more roo everyday. I thought this would be just a fun little backyard mix but I can't find lots of examples. Thanks in advance!
You will get dermal sex links with this cross. If the silkie is the rooster, and the hen is a yellow legged breed (like the legbar), the male chicks will have white skin, possibly lighter legs and beak, female chicks will have black skin, darker legs and beak. This is completely independent of feather coloring.:)

You will get dermal sex links with this cross. If the silkie is the rooster, and the hen is a yellow legged breed (like the legbar), the male chicks will have white skin, possibly lighter legs and beak, female chicks will have black skin, darker legs and beak. This is completely independent of feather coloring.:)
OH! That is SUPER interesting!! Okay may I also ask then, what color egg would a female produce? Would it be blue or a blue/green or would it be silkie cream colored?
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom