Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
i have been working on a silkie japanese bantam sizzle cross project for the past 6 months. ive been pleased with my outcomes!
ive had some white skinned and single combed chicks come out, but this is my fully black skinned, 5 toed sizzle girl! i love her to bits and im planning on breeding back to her father.

im using my japanese bantam silkie cross roo (in the back) and my partridge sizzle hen.

i have been working on a silkie japanese bantam sizzle cross project for the past 6 months. ive been pleased with my outcomes!
ive had some white skinned and single combed chicks come out, but this is my fully black skinned, 5 toed sizzle girl! i love her to bits and im planning on breeding back to her father.

im using my japanese bantam silkie cross roo (in the back) and my partridge sizzle hen.

Very nice! What's her name?

Three chicks did hatch from my EE/Silkie eggs. One splash and two blues, one with a bit of brown leakage. They're almost 9 and 10 weeks old.

And when they were chicks...

Okay, now I'm almost positive both blue chicks are roos and the splash is a hen. Is it possible that this is a sex-link situation? (Father is splash, mother is bluish, so offspring would be splash females and blue males?)

Okay, now I'm almost positive both blue chicks are roos and the splash is a hen. Is it possible that this is a sex-link situation? (Father is splash, mother is bluish, so offspring would be splash females and blue males?)

Splash & blue aren't sexlinked, but splash x blue = splash and blue chicks, so your result makes sense.

Two months later after hatching and my d'Uccle x Silkie cross looks very interesting! (Millie Fleur d'Uccle rooster and white Silkie hen cross) At this point, I'm pretty certain it's a cockerel.

(He's almost exceeding his mama in size!)

Back
Top Bottom