Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Here are pics of my silkie crosses. The mom is a buff Orpington and dad is a blue silkie. Any thought of sex? They are just over 3 weeks old. I think the brown ones are boys and the grey one is a girl. There are 3 total.

Here are the latest pics of my Golden Sebright and White Beardless Silkie cross chicks Flourish and Blot (courtesy of my sister). One is a roo, and the other we believe is a hen. Both are bigger than their foster mom the OEGH.

Attachments

• DSC02630.JPG
    DSC02630.JPG
    430 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02632.JPG
    DSC02632.JPG
    592.9 KB · Views: 41
I have 5 sweet little chicks that hatched 4 days ago. I was shocked by what came out of those eggs. I decided to cross my unbearded white Silkie rooster with my white crested black polish bantam. All 5 chicks are grey/blue with the black Silkie skin and 5 toes. Two of them have the Silkie poof on their heads and beards. The other three have the polish poof on the head. They are adorable. I just don't know how they came out grey or bearded. Lol!!
IMG_20170520_230907995.jpg
IMG_20170520_231102044.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_091915417.jpg
    IMG_20170520_091915417.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 35
I had a cross like that too once. It looked just like yours. I always just thought it was a russian blue with gold around the shoulders. Just be cautious if it's a rooster because they have a different breed in them, and they could turn on your other roosters (if you have them.) Mine tried to kill my prize rooster, so be careful.;)

Hi everybody, I thought I was a crazy person when I decided to throw one of my rumpless Araucana eggs under a broody silkie to see "what happens"! I only have two silkie Roos soooo...the egg is hatching right now! Excited! Wondering if it will come out rumpless or not? Does this cross make it an Americauna?

Hi everybody, I thought I was a crazy person when I decided to throw one of my rumpless Araucana eggs under a broody silkie to see "what happens"! I only have two silkie Roos soooo...the egg is hatching right now! Excited! Wondering if it will come out rumpless or not? Does this cross make it an Americauna?

I'm curious to see what it looks like. I'd love to see a pic. :)

Back
Top Bottom