Silkie dooped me... Update, nevermind her egg is here!!

ChobeeChickenMommy

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Okeechobee, FL
Earlier this afternoon I had brought my girls Star (who gave me an egg right away when we got home from picking them up yesterday & another one today!) & Sparkle inside to hang out with me in some a/c for a little. Well Sparkle decided to follow me into the bathroom while I was straightening my hair & when I looked down there she was squatting on my towel on the floor!! Then all of a sudden she started her egg song very loudly! (It woke my 7 month old up from his nap) "Bok bok bogawk..." I got so excited! I really thought she was going to lay an egg for me!

She continued to squat & bok & like "shake" her butt for over an hour but nothing ever happened. Then she just stopped & laid down...

Is this normal?!?! I picked the girls & Comet up Sunday afternoon & they seemed to have adapted extremely well to their new home & are very happy. They come right to me when I go out there & get in their run w/ them & they will sit in my lap & everything... But could she be having a hard time laying due to stress or trying to finish acclimating herself to her new surroundings? Any insight as to what she was doing would be great! Thanks in advance!

Oh they are 6 months old as well!
&& here are a few pics of how she was sitting/squatting on/over my towel...
105510_dsc00673.jpg

105510_dsc00633.jpg

105510_dsc00648.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I had her on video, but when I thought she was hurting when she just stopped & climbed in my lap I must have hit the delete or just turned my Sony Bloggie off w/o ending the recording. I was so sad, cause I had sat there w/ her that whole time, didn't get to see the egg, & I lost the video of her song...
hit.gif
But I am happy about the pics of her singing/yelling! She is such a pretty girl!

Back
Top Bottom